Monday 1 July 2013

HOW TO: HENNA

Hey peoples :)
Disclaimer: I've never used henna. Now we've gotten that out of the way...

As I've stated before, I have tightly coiled hair. It's very kinky(which is kind of what inspired the blog name) and I refer to it as "original black hair". That having been said, I love my hair to bits! Sometimes though, I wish my curl pattern was looser and that is where henna comes in.
Henna (botanical name lawsonia inermis) is a plant that grows in Asia and parts of Africa. The leaves of the plant are dried and powdered. In Nigeria it is commonly used by the northerners and it's called laali. Most natural hair bloggers swear by henna for hair although it's kind of drying. The solution is to deep condition after applying the henna. Dabs of Naija Hair Can Grow has two methods for applying henna here and here
I hope to get laali from Abuja in a couple of weeks so I can (finally) henna my hair. I'll let you know how it goes. Also, the free e-book Henna for Hair is a wonderful resource. It tells you all about henna, its history, how to mix it, use it and all that. I  personally found it very helpful.
P.S: on natural, black coloured hair henna shows up as a red tint in the sun.

Have a wonderful week, and don't forget to leave a comment if this has been helpful :)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to hear from you!please leave a comment on my blog (yes,I am shameless)