Saturday 6 July 2013

HAIR CRUSH: CHIMAMANDA ADICHIE

I AM A CHIMAMANA ADICHIE GROUPIE......

Now that we've gotten that out of the way... Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is a Nigerian born writer. I've loved her since I read "Purple Hibiscus", her first book which was nominated for the Orange Prize for 
Literature. If you've never read any of her books, this is the best one to start with. The next book was 'Half of a Yellow Sun" which deals with the Nigerian civil war (a topic which,in my opinion, Nigeria tries to hide under the carpet), followed by "The Thing Around Your Neck", a collection of short stories mostly dealing with the immigrant experience. Her third full length novel "Americanah" was recently released and I got a signed copy ^_^
Chimamanda is natural, and has been very vocal about natural hair lately. Americanah talks a lot about natural hair, from styling it for interviews (the main female character was told she wouldn't get a job if she went with her natural hair) to getting a good hair stylist.
She's all round awesome :)


that afro <3





   


No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to hear from you!please leave a comment on my blog (yes,I am shameless)