Thursday 27 June 2013

TWISTS ON WET HAIR OR DRY HAIR?

Hey people :)
Recently my hair has gotten long enough to twist, and twistouts have become one of my go-to hairstyles. Unfortunately, my hair isn't "full" i.e it's low density(more on that in a future post,I promise!) so twists make me look scalpy. Twistouts however, in my opinion, are a gift from God :)
Twists can either be done on wet/damp hair or on dry hair. I have had my twists done in both methods and I just want to give my opinion on which one is better.
The first time I did twists on my hair, I did them on dry, detangled hair. The stylist kept complaining about how "rubbery" my hair felt.lol. I twisted my hair on friday and loosened the twists on sunday. My hair was stretched, but I didn't get any definition *sigh* the story of 4C hair.I loved the way the twistouts looked and my hair looked longer.
The next time I decided to get my hair twisted, I didn't detangle prior to going to the salon. Anybody that has ever gone to the salon with natural hair knows how terrifying it is allowing them comb your hair (I always carry my comb with me, but that's a story for another day). Anyway, my hair wasn't detangled and I wasn't about to allow this person give me a headache and break off all my hair. So I stuck my hands in a bucket of water, just ran my fingers through my hair and combed. My hair was slightly damp. The hair was so soft! Even the hairdresser(same person that did the twists on dry hair) said this method was better. Twisted on friday, and loosened on monday morning. My hair felt very soft but I didn't get as much stretch as on dry twists. I guess my hair shrunk as it dried.
So, pros and cons of both methods in my experience are:

TWISTS ON DRY HAIR
PROS

  • hair is stretched
  • more definition
  • style lasts longer

CONS

  • twists take longer to do
  • detangling is a major pain
  • more knots

TWISTS ON WET HAIR
PROS
  • easier to twist
  • hair is softer
  • easier to detangle
  • fewer knots
CONS

  • less definition than on dry hair
  • takes longer, if you include time for hair to dry
  • style does not last as long as on dry hair
Use the comment box, let's have a discussion! Which do you prefer, twists on wet or dry hair?
xx,
Tolu

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to hear from you!please leave a comment on my blog (yes,I am shameless)